- Reporting to the Project Manager responsible for the individual project, the Architectural Designer will be responsible for assisting in Master Planning, Site Planning and Building Design utilizing, 3D Modeling.
- Prepare program and schematic proposal, project layouts and develop designs in 3D using Vectorworks or other 3D modeling software for client review/approval.
- Assist with preparation of construction drawings and construction detailing for contractors.
- Review building codes to assure that design complies with the minimum legal standards.
- Assist in the constructions administration phase by reviewing shop drawings and creating a master log of the project submittals.
- Prepare finish material sample boards, physical models and graphic presentations for client approval.
- Assist the design team on projects from the Pre-Schematic Phase through Construction Documents.
Master of Architecture required. Must also have advanced knowledge (gained from academic coursework, research project, teaching assistantship, or practical training through internship or co-op) of: apply generative design, analysis and optimization techniques, and proposed the new approaches to the design of spaces of work; developing and analysis of basic folding mechanisms; declarative design; multiscalar material performance, analysis of interdependencies of form, material distributions and organizations, and physical and biochemical exchange.
Must have advanced knowledge in archicad, autocad, google sketchup, maya and rhinoceros, adobe photoshop, indesign, illustrator and Acrobat; in addition, 2d and 3d architectural design presentation.